Location: Sandy McNabb Day Use Area, Sheep River Provincial Park.
Directions: From Turner Valley, drive west on Hwy 546 approx 20km. When you see the red gate across the highway, turn left into Sandy McNabb. Continue straight and go down the hill and turn left into the parking lot with a pit toilet. We won't be far from here, as there's a lot to explore...meadows, forests, hills, logs, rocks, trails and puddles.
Time: 9:00 - 1:00
Join us for some toddler-led exploration and playtime! We'll meet in the general vicinity of the winter day use area, where the ice rink is in winter. In spring and summer, it's a beautiful meadow surrounded by forest! This is not a guided experience. It's fully child-led, with parents/caregivers actively participating in the exploration and play. Participate at own risk, but please participate!
- Please dress for the weather, and make sure everyone is wearing appropriate footwear.
- Bring snacks*, lunch*, and whatever you need to enjoy nature for a couple of hours, such as chairs and hammocks. *Please do what you can to bring *litterless snacks and food*, as I notice the area has quite a lot of food-related litter now that the snow has melted.
- Please try to avoid nuts, as some kids may have allergies.
- Please try to leave toys & screens behind so our wee ones can connect with nature!
- As long as there is no fireban, we will have a fire to have a cookout for lunch. I will bring firewood and firestarting stuff.
Contact: No registration required. If you have any questions, contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org